Recipe by GotBoxer?
This was my Great Grandmother Catherine's recipe, I have not tried to make these myself but wanted to post the recipe so that I wouldn't lose it.
- 1 gallon cucumber, sliced (8-10)
- 1 quart onion, sliced
- 1 quart ice water
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 1 quart sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- First layer cucumbers and onions and sprinkle with salt, then pour on ice water.
- Let stand atleast 2 hours and drain well.
- Mix remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Drop in cucumbers and onions, cook until almost transparent - about 5 minutes hard boiling.
- Place hot mixture into sterilized jars, place lids and allow to cool.