Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been passed down for many generations. I fix these when my kids have sports parties, picnics, cookouts, and get great feedback from them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan combine hamburger, sliced bacon, diced green peppers and onions, and cook until hamburger is done.
- Drain any grease that is in the pan.
- Return meat mixture back to the pan.
- Add pork& beans, dark brown sugar, white corn syrup, ketchup, mustard, and salt/pepper to the meat mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
I have tasted many recipes for baked beans but this recipe is the best that I have tasted in a long time. I would not change a thing. I fixed them for a BBQ I had at my house and my friends raved about the way they taste. I recommend this recipe to all. Thanks lainelove for a great recipe