Recipe by stephanierndos
Just like my Mom's BEST Banana Bread Recipe -I have tried, sampled, and made other Stuffing/Dressing Recipes before and believe me, NOTHING else comes close. Again, a little more work/fuss involved here as with Mom's Banana Bread, but WELL worth it. This submission is dedicated to my beloved Great Grandmother, God rest her soul - Ora Anice Adams-Tanzy...
- 1 lb sage sausage (we use Jimmy Deans Sage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- cornbread, 1 large pan
- 16 ounces breadcrumbs, dressing seasoned (pepperidge farm works best)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 -16 ounces turkey broth
- dried sage, as desired
- poultry seasoning, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion & celery in butter until softened (note; you may need to drain the liquids off the onion/celery - if too wet).
- Add crumbled sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble cornbread & mix in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Add celery, onion, and sausage mixture to cornbread & breadcrumbs, mix.
- Add turkey broth a little at a time and mix. Continue adding & mixing a little broth at a time until mixture is moistened )again, you may add more for a wetter dressing, or less if you like it drier).
- Grease a large casserole dish and bake in a preheated 375° oven for approximately 40 minutes.