Voyager 1977's Note:
This recipe comes from my Great Great Grandma Lillian Hallock. She'd make these whenever she was expecting a visit from us. Whenever we make it nowadays we have to make 2 batches, as the first one gets eaten in dough form while it still frozen. Preparation Time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and brown sugar.
- 2Add oatmeal and stir.
- 3Melt butter and add to dry ingredients.
- 4Mix baking soda into boiling water.
- 5Add baking soda and water to other ingredients and stir well.
- 6Place batter into aluminum foil-lined loaf pan and place in freezer for several hours.
- 7Slice and bake at 375°F for 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
- 8P.S. Don't let anyone get into the cookie dough for a taste test while it sets in the freezer, as the dough is SO VERY GOOD. Every one will want to eat it before before it makes it into the oven.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Grandma Hallock's Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 102.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g