Great Grandma Effie's Old Fashioned Stack Cake
- Cream shortening with molasses in very large bowl, then add in one beaten egg.
- Mix all dry ingredients adding milk in as you mix. Add Vanilla. Beat to a stiff dough.
- Flour your counter and lightly flour your rolling pin. Roll out to thickness of pie dough. (VERY THIN) This dough will make 9-10 layers.
- Cut out your circles with a scalloped pie pan. Place rounds of dough on a cookie sheet (I line it with wax paper) 2 at a time. And bake 12 minutes at 350°F.
- After all rounds are baked, put layers together with a homemade or sweet flavored applesauce.
- Let set before serving. Great also warm with vanilla ice cream.
- My time chart is if you also made your own applesauce (peeling coring etc.).