Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
Whenever I fix this for friends the first reaction is "Yuck, Corn? Chowder" But they always leave with a full belly and the recipe in hand. Try it you will not be disappointed.
- 6 -8 large potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 -8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and onion in stock pot with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, cover loosely and simmer until potatoes are tender and most water has evaporated.
- Add remaining ingredients and enough additional milk (2% or whole) to cover, if needed.
- Simmer over low heat until heated through and slightly thickened.
- Serve with homemade bread, biscuits, or rolls.