Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really great, and really gorpy. Really yummy, kids adore them, adults go wild. Childish adults have been known to implode from enthusiasm.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Before you start you should just know that the handfuls are adult handfuls.
- If children are making this then they should use 2-3 child-sized handfuls.
- Cream the butter/marg and the brown sugar till smooth.
- Add all the handfuls.
- Mix well, then add the flour and baking soda.
- Add the milk.
- Drop by tablespoons on to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Leave on the cookie sheet a minute or two before lifting them off, as they might crumble.
- The ratio of handfuls can be adjusted- you might want to go heavier on the raisins and peanuts and lighter on the chocolate chips, although why anyone would want less chocolate is totally beyond me!
These are the Gorpiest :) My 8 and 9 yo daughters helped make these and we had a ball! We doubled the chocolate chips and got 30 cookies (of various sizes) out of the batch. The whole family agrees...these are "keeper cookies". Thanks for posting!