Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This pasta is great for everyone--especially cheese lovers!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or 2 green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola, trimmed of any rind and cut into small chunks
- 1 lb dry fettuccine or 1 lb other pastas
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium low heat and add shallots/green onion, coriander and 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Cook until tender, not brown 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Gorgonzola.
- Set the pan back on the heat and simmer only long enough to melt the cheese.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine and cook, stirring gently until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water ,drain the fettuccine and return to the pasta pot.
- Add the cream sauce and toss well, adding a little of the pasta water to thin out the sauce if necessary.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of black pepper and parmesan.
- Serve parsley on side next to pasta.