Recipe by spatchcock
This is wonderful! and SOOOOOO garlicky!!
Top Review by Ms B.
Very, very good dip. I used regular cream cheese and about one and a half heads of garlic. Goat cheese isn't available at my local (rural) market...so, this recipe had to wait for an out of town shopping trip. Goat cheese will permanently be on that shopping list now. Thanks for posting. ***UPDATE*** I prepared this recipe and spread it on spinach tortillas which were then rolled up and sliced for appetizer pinwheels. There wasn't a single one left on the plate at the end of the evening. Everyone loved them. :)
- 1 garlic head
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (i use FF)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- chopped fresh chives or parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top off the garlic bulb to reveal the cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 400F (200C) oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool and remove garlic cloves from their skins by gently squeezing.
- Mash the garlic with a fork and combine with the remaining ingredients, mixing well and adding enough milk to achieve a spreadable consistency.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- Serve with raw vegetables, crackers, or pita bread.