Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Garlicky, cheesy and hot. A great bread to serve with dinner or just by itself. You can adjust the seasonings to taste.
- 1 loaf long French bread, sliced lenthwise
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated best parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄8 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Blend together all ingredients and spread evenly on cut sides of bread.
- Put the bread sides back toghether in the original shape, and slice through both making slices about 1 inch thick.
- Keeping the shape together, wrap in foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Way too salty otherwise it may have been a great bread. If I try again I will use garlic powder instead.
I liked the addition of the parsley, olive oil and italian seasoning. Next time I make it I would reduce the amount of garlic salt - a little too salty for me.
I made this to serve with lasagne.Very good. Nice and cheesy. I used an Italian blend of shredded cheese.I liked the fact that you just mix everything together and spread it on. It's very easy to make. I had to soften my butter in the microwave b/c I forgot to get it out earlier, but it didn't affect the recipe at all. I will be making this again!