Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an Anglo-Indian receipe and your kids and friends will love it.Its not Chilli Hot (unless you want it to be).The spices you need you can get at any supermarket.And mark my words,the spices you buy wont go to waste because you will make this dish quite a few times.Its GLUTEN FREE TOO.
- 1 kg fish sea bass fillet (no bones)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 300 g coconut milk (canned)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (crushed)
- 2 tomatoes (crushed)
- 4 peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 8 curry leaves (optional)
- Add half the turmeric,salt and lemon juice to little more than half a cup of water(in a dish)mix.
- Marinate the fish in it for 20 minutes then rinse it off under the tap.
- In a bowl mix together the tomatoes,peppercorns,cloves,cardamoms,curry leaves,coconut milk,turmeric and salt to taste.
- Heat the oil and saute onions garlic and ginger about 15minutes.
- Then add the bowl of mixed spices and coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes (on low heat).
- Cut the fish into large pieces and add and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice(basmati).
Man, this was GOOD! I added two teaspoons of curry powder and a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Served over long grain and wild rice mixture.
Nice coconut flavoured curry. Iâ€™ve made mine without any hot spices and therefore all members of my family enjoyed it. Some extra cayenne pepper would definitely add a good spicy bite to it.