Recipe by Andre The Giant
This is an Anglo-Indian receipe and your kids and friends will love it.Its not Chilli Hot (unless you want it to be).The spices you need you can get at any supermarket.And mark my words,the spices you buy wont go to waste because you will make this dish quite a few times.Its GLUTEN FREE TOO.
- 1 kg fish sea bass fillet (no bones)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 300 g coconut milk (canned)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (crushed)
- 2 tomatoes (crushed)
- 4 peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 8 curry leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add half the turmeric,salt and lemon juice to little more than half a cup of water(in a dish)mix.
- Marinate the fish in it for 20 minutes then rinse it off under the tap.
- In a bowl mix together the tomatoes,peppercorns,cloves,cardamoms,curry leaves,coconut milk,turmeric and salt to taste.
- Heat the oil and saute onions garlic and ginger about 15minutes.
- Then add the bowl of mixed spices and coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes (on low heat).
- Cut the fish into large pieces and add and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice(basmati).