Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From bettycrocker.com I'm planning on substituting another ceral for the Golden Grahams to make this a little healthier.
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats or 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 3 cups Fiber One cereal (original all-bran cereal)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 250°F Spray 2 (15x10x1-inch) pans with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix oats, both cereals, the walnuts, almonds and sunflower nuts.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, oil, honey and water over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until brown sugar is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until well coated. Spread mixture evenly in pans.
- Bake 1 hour, rearranging pans once halfway through baking. Cool completely in pans, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container. Serve as breakfast cereal, snack or as topping for ice cream, yogurt or fresh fruit.