Recipe by Sharlene~W
This is an awesome cookie worth the little extra work caused from only cooking 6 at a time and then cooling on paper toweling. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it!
Top Review by ymariav
This recipe is very good. Rich and buttery tasting. Crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful when you bite into it. The amount of ingredients when put together form a nice shaped cookie. Easy to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter about 1 minute until fluffy.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt; beat until thick and pale.
- Beat in egg until just blended.
- Mix flour and baking soda together.
- With spoon stir flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons dough per cookie on ungreased cookie sheet (6 per sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around edges and only lightly browned on top.
- Cool on wire rack 2 to 3 minutes and then move to paper towels.
- Leave on towels for another 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Be sure to completely cool cookie sheets before reusing.