Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in one of my magazine's in the back. from barbecue whiz Ted Reader. Would be great on steaks, chicken, pork or even seafood. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cracked coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chile
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- In a bowl combine the salt, black pepper, white pepper, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, chilies and dill seeds.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place away from heat and light.
I alternate this rub w/ Ted's Montana Grill Seasoning. Both are great and don't want to give up either, so I use both. If you add Mike Mill's Rib & Pork Rub, your are set for your grilling and smoker life. ( you can find Ted's & Mike's recipes on the internet )
This is delicious! I do use a mortor and pestle and crush all together before sprinkling on the steak. I sprinkle on one side of a large rib eye or rib steak, a little olive oil in a pan, sear, then turn over and it sears the steak spice on one side and is absolutely wonderful. I do not grind it to a powder. I want some of it to be a liitle rough.
I have been using this steak spice for years. This versitile spice can go on anything: hamburgers, steaks, chicken, stews....the possibilities are endless. If you want a bit more heat, just kick up the crushed chilies. The only thing I do differently is grind the peppercorns and mustard seeds first then grind the whole recipe together. This is truly a spice blend you don't want to miss!!