Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
These Canadian Butter Tarts are the BEST ever. This is a MUST at your next potluck or buffett!!!!!
- 16 store bought prepared tart shells (or your own homemade)
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml seedless raisin
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml melted butter not margarine
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 9.85 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shells in muffin tin (if they do not have tinfoil cups of their own) Beat the eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put 1 tbsp in each shell and bake.
- (Do not worry about the small amount in shell they"swell" up during cooking) Bake 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
- Makes approximately 16 tarts.
- If desired, top with dash of whip cream.