Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These Canadian Butter Tarts are the BEST ever. This is a MUST at your next potluck or buffett!!!!!
- 16 store bought prepared tart shells (or your own homemade)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter not margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shells in muffin tin (if they do not have tinfoil cups of their own) Beat the eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put 1 tbsp in each shell and bake.
- (Do not worry about the small amount in shell they"swell" up during cooking) Bake 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
- Makes approximately 16 tarts.
- If desired, top with dash of whip cream.
Excellent butter tarts. Just the right amount of everything. I put way more in each one and still had enough filling for 16. Thanks for posting this recipe!
This is a GREAT recipe. They were gone in no time!!!!
This recipe was good but not my favourite (I'm vary particular about my butter tarts) I found that using only 1 tbls of filling in each shell the recipe would have made way more than 16. I ended up making 20 with 1 1/2 - 2 tbls of filling in each