Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend of mine made this recipe when we visited her house, and it was so wonderful I had to have the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packetknorr leek soup mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, defrosted
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13-by-9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a 12-inch saute pan.
- Add the onions and chiles and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and canadian bacon and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soup mix, eggs, and milk. Add the vegetables and bacon to the eggs and stir in the hash browns.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish, sprinkle with the cheeses, and bake until set and the cheese is golden - 35 to 40 minutes.