Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This bread is fast to make and has a very nice texture and a wonderful taste. It can also be used for cinnamon buns.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 8 -10 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and first amount of sugar; set aside (10 minutes).
- Pour boiling water over sugar, oil and salt.
- Let stand until lukewarm.
- Make a well with the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the lukewarm mixture, then add yeast and well beaten eggs.
- Add in the flour, a cup at a time, working it in until the dough is soft, and no longer sticky.
- Knead well.
- Place into a greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Put in pans and let rise for another hour.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 – 40 minutes.
I found that the bread after a day wasn't very fresh.
This recipe was really good, thanks for posting it.I rolled some of the dough out like cinnamon buns and add cheese to it as I rolled it, really good.
Hi Saudie tried your bread/buns and loved them would not change a thing. Read your bio feel like I already know you. Keep on Cookin