Recipe by Red Apple Guy
A friend in Germany convinced me that Brats were born for the grill, however, this stove top method rocks for brats. I recently bought some butcher-stuffed brats in Chicago along with some fine beer and we had some brats that rock.
Top Review by babybuffalo
Simple. Delicious. Awesome! I went so far as to mix in a few spoonfuls of coarse ground spicy dijon into the beer and onion mixture. I let it dissolve before adding the brats. Sooo good! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb bratwurst (uncooked is fine)
- 8 ounces beer (good quality, not light)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 4 hot dog buns (I used brat rolls)
- good mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onion and place in 9 to 10 inch skillet.
- pour in bottle of beer.
- add brats and simmer until onion is tender and brats are firm and cooked through (160 F internal temp).
- When beer has evaporated, allow brats and onions to brown while turning frequently, adding a little oil if the pan needs it.
- When the onions turn golden, remove.
- When the brats are browned on all sides, plate them.
- Wrap the buns in paper towels and microwave on high for about 30 seconds until soft and warm.
- Serve with baked beans and or chips.