Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for a recipe for a black bean and goat cheese quesadilla and couldn't find what I wanted, so this recipe was born!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 (6 inch) soft flour tortillas
- Saute garlic, onion and red bell pepper until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, pepper and salt. Add beans. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mash beans with fork till desired consistency.
- Take pan off heat and add goat cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour bean mixture into a bowl.
- Using same pan, heat tortilla, one at time, on both sides to lightly brown.
- Divide mixture between tortillas. Put mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas over. Serve with sour cream or salsa(or favorite condiment), if desired.