1/2 Photos of Great Big Oatmeal Cookies ( That are Both Great and Big )
Vino Girl's Note:
There are tons of oatmeal cookie recipes and everyone has their favorite, but this one is different than any I've seen so far: It contains toasted coconut and oats. It also has a high oat and coconut to flour ratio, which I like. This is such a soft and chewy cookie! I like it as written, but you could certainly add in raisins, spices, or chocolate chips if you wanted. Oatmeal cookies are my favorite and I've found some great recipes for them, but this one is honestly the best oatmeal cookie I've eaten. I hope someone out there agrees with me! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spread the coconut and oats out on a large baking sheet - two sheets work better.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted, stirring often.
- 4While the coconut and oats cool, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- 5Cream the butter and sugar together in a separate, large, bowl at medium speed for one minute.
- 6Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until mixed; beat in the milk.
- 7Stir in the flour, then stir in the coconut and oats.
- 8I thought the dough looked pretty sticky, so at this point I put it in the refrigerator for an hour. It's not something that's called for in the original recipe, but I recommend it since it worked very well for me.
- 9Drop dough in 1/4 cup amounts, 3 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets. I used an ice cream scoop for this (filled so the scoop was rounded, but not heaping), and it worked perfectly.
- 10Bake for 12 minutes, or until they are set and lightly browned.
- 11Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for one minute before transfering to a rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Big Oatmeal Cookies ( That are Both Great and Big )
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g