Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious! The oil in this recipe turns out really nice with a spicy and garlicy flavor. It's a really simple appetizer. Posted for ZWT III
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, put through a garlic press
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 lemons, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the chilies and garlic, cook about 1-2 minutes to "infuse" the oil.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry 2-3 minutes until pink and done
- Eat the shrimp and use the crusty bread for dipping in the "infused" oil.
I didn't have serrano chili so minced a little jarred jalepeno instead and these babies had quite a kick. ( please pass the fire extinguisher LOL) I have tried 3 shrimp recipes in recent days, this one came middle for DH's and for me too, although, that said I liked them a little more than he did. Lots of garlic is a must. Yum! Please see my rating system: 3 stars for a recipe that we liked and as DH said " good for at home but maybe our fussier and less heat tolerant extended family wouldn't like it". This receipe that was definiately streching food that we are getting used to. Thanks!
Yummo!! We loved this and it was quickly put together. I didn't have a chili so I subbed 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and that gave it a nice heat. The infused oil was great with the bread.
Stunning! We used 250g of prawns, that is about 9 ozs - there were only two of us! We ate this as an appetiser tonight - with real French baguette! Loved the addition of the chilli - added a real Zing, which is good, as I made this from the ZWT3 ZINGO cookbook! Thanks for a simple and foolproof recipe! FT:-)