Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to light up a party. Sausage balls with a little zip. Big hit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk sausage (hot)
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll tablespoonful of mixture into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn balls over and bake 10 minutes more or until done.
My husband picked this one out for us to try. We love regular sausage balls, but these did have more fire power. I really liked the use of pepper-jack cheese and I don't think I will go back to the regular version. Husband and his friends snacked on these while watching football. They all agreed--5-stars!!Thanks Nurse Di.
I have made sausage balls for years but never with pepper-jack cheese. My family and I really liked the extra spiciness. We had to drink more water but that is ok. Nurse Di, this is another keeper recipe. Thanks.
What an appropriate name!! I made these to take to a bon fire over the weekend and they were a big hit!! Easy, easy, easy!!! Thanks for this great recipe :)