Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a super easy great recipe! It has received the kiss of approval from my friends and family! I got this recipe in home ec class and I absolutely love it!
- 250 ml flour
- 7 ml baking powder
- 10 ml sugar
- 2 ml salt
- 50 ml shortening
- 75 -100 ml milk
- 125 ml grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (baking powder, flour, salt, sugar).
- Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter or fork. the shortening should be the consistency of small peas.
- Add the milk a little bit at a time. Stir gently till mixture is moist.
- Add grated cheese.
- Knead the dough gently 5-6 times.
- Roll out the dough into a aprox. 16 cm circle.
- Cut the dough with a floured biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove biscuits onto cooling rack right away.