Recipe by Justin D.
Layers of pasta, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese baked together for a satisfying family casserole
- pam original nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces dry ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 (24 ounce) canhunt's four cheese pasta sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) canhunt's tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and tomato paste until combined.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat sauce into bottom of prepared dish. Top with half the pasta, half the remaining sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers, starting with pasta and ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.