1 hr 15 mins
A guest made this on the Martha Stewart show today. It's looks simple enough to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar.
- 4Stir in vanilla.
- 5With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour.
- 6Mix until well combined.
- 7Evenly spread cookie dough into prepared tart pan. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- 8Sprinkle shortbread with sanding sugar.
- 9Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, make a shallow cut in the center of the dough.
- 10Using the tines of a fork, score dough from the edge of the circle in the center towards the edge of the pan into 12 equal wedges.
- 11Transfer tart pan to oven and bake until light brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the shortbread comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 12Immediately re-score circle and wedges with cookie cutter and the tines of a fork.
- 13Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 1 hour.
- 14Remove shortbread from tart pan and let cool completely.
- 15Cut into wedges with a serrated knife along the scored lines.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great-Aunt Annie's Traditional Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g