Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A replica of the salad I fell in love with working at the Shady Maple IGA Deli. I used apple cider vinegar and though the smell during the cooking phase was questionable the final product was perfect.
- Cook carrots in salted water until crisp-tender.
- Rinse under cold water to stop cooking then drain well and let cool.
- Combine tomato soup, 1/2 cup water, sugar, oil, and vinegar in medium saucepan.
- Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water (2 Tbsp.) until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add to dressing mixture in saucepan while whisking or stirring until completely combined.
- Allow dressing to cool.
- Add dressing to carrots, onion, and celery and mix well.
- Keeps for about a week in the fridge.
I really enjoyed this salad. I used regular white vinegar and saw your note about cider vinegar later. I will try it with cider vinegar next time. I used red pepper instead of green. I will make this one again. ZWT3