Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine.
- 1 (125 g) package cottage cheese
- 1 packet of knorr coating mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- oil, to deep fry
- Cut the block of cottage cheese into 3 X 3 cm cubes of 1 cm thickness.
- Spread spoonfuls of ketchup on one side of the cottage cheese square.
- Place another cottage cheese square over it to form a sandwich.
- Likewise, repeat for all the cottage cheese squares.
- Keep aside on a plate.
- Lightly beat the eggs, one at a time, in a bowl.
- Empty the Knorr coating mix on a plate.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Dip each cottage cheese sandwich first in the egg and then in the coating mix.
- Deep fry in hot oil on medium flame until golden brown in colour.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve hot as an appetiser.