Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little treats are from the Foodcourt column, Diwali special, of the Weekend magazine. I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 (125 g) package cottage cheese
- 1 packet of knorr coating mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chat masala
- oil, for deep frying
- Cut the block of cottage cheese into 3 X 3cm cubes of 1 cm thickness.
- Spread a teaspoonful of chaat masala powder on one side of the cottage cheese cube.
- Place another cottage cheese cube over it to form a sandwich.
- Likewise, repeat with all the cottage cheese squares.
- Set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs, one at a time, in a bowl.
- Empty the Knorr coating mix in a plate.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Dip each cottage cheese cube sandwich first in the beaten eggs bowl, turn on either side to coat well in the egg mixture, and then transfer the sandwich to the Knorr coating mix plate, turn it over, and coat it well with the mix.
- Deep fry the sandwich in hot oil on medium flame until golden brown in colour.
- Likewise repeat for all the cottage cheese cubes.
- Drain excess oil on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Transfer to a clean serving tray.
- Serve hot as appetisers at your next party and watch'em vanish before you know it!