Great American Cookies White Chunk Macadamia by Todd Wilbur
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed. Add the coconut, egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until dough forms. Mix in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Measure out about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and form a ball. Drop each ball of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Do not over bake! Cookies should come out of the oven appearing slightly browned, yet undercooked.
- When cooled the cookies will be soft and chewy like the original.