Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a copycat recipe for the Great American Cookie Company's Sugar Cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sifted
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar. Add eggs, lemon, vanilla and sour cream. Mix until well combined and smooth. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Chill for several hours or overnight. Roll into balls and flatten with bottom of sugar coated glass or roll out and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F just until the edges start turning color (7-10 minutes). Time will vary depending on how large and thick you made your cookies. It is important not to over-bake if you want the texture to remain chewy and soft. Frost and decorate as desired.
I can taste a hint of the flavor but this recipe makes the cookie much too fluffy, I tossed them they didn't taste great.