Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for the Great American Cookie Company's Peanut Butter Cookies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups m&m's milk chocolate candies
- 2 butterfinger candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a mixer bowl, cream butter or margarine, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in your choice of mix-in's until just combined. If you want just peanut butter cookies, just skip this step.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough into remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Shape into balls. Place about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in the sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are just set and are slightly firm to the touch. Do not over-bake. They will crisp up when cooled.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.