Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a copycat recipe for the Great American Cookie Company's Double Fudge Cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy and pale yellow in color. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, and add slowly to batter. Mix well. Add your chocolate chips and mix well.
- Either scoop dough in heaping tablespoons or roll into large balls and place approximately 3 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Before you put them in the oven, flatten them with either your fingers or the bottom of a drinking glass, much like you would a sugar cookie. (This ensures the big, mall cookie appearance.)
- Bake for 9 minutes. (They will look underdone but they aren't. ) Let them cool on the cookie sheet for approximately 5-8 minutes, then move gently onto a wire rack to finish cooling.