Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
NO way is there such a thing as greaseless meatloaf! My neighbor came home from church with this recipe-so we both made it on the same night to test it. WOW! No dripping grease yet moist and tender and tasty. Now it’s an “Old Standby”
- 2 lbs ground beef (90% lean)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs (I use Progresso.)
- 1⁄2 cup potato, grated raw
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (ground spice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Lightly mix together all ingredients until well blended.
- Shape into two loafs (9x5x3) in a shallow pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together all 4 Piquant Sauce ingredients until well blended (not lumpy).
- “Frost” both loafs starting with the sides and finish with the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.