Recipe by ladyshell2005
A easy recipe my mom taught me how to make. Easy and tasty. Prepared in an electric skillet or roaster pan.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks
- 1 cup flour
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 cups water (more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using pepper and 1 tsp of garlic salt, spread evenly over steaks.
- Flour both sides of steaks.
- Add oil, minced garlic and parsley to electric skillet; heat to 350°.
- Lightly brown both sides of steaks in skillet; remove steaks.
- Add bouillon cubes and 1/2 of the remaining flour to skillet. Stir as you add 6 cups water gradually.
- Turn skillet down to 200°.
- Place steaks back into the skillet; add remaining water and add more if needed to bring gravy up to about 1/2 inch from top of skillet.
- Simmer for two hours, adding water to maintain level.