Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This meatloaf recipe is perfect for picky eaters. It contains no vegetables and no outlandish spices; just tried and true ingredients that most keep in their own homes.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground chuck
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/8 ounce) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 cups of dark gravy
- -Crush the crackers and fold into the meat and egg.
- -Add Salt and pepper to taste and form into a loaf.
- -Place on a baking sheet that has sides so the grease will not spill.
- -Bake at 375 until internal temp reaches 150, about 30 minutes.
- -Take out and cut down the center of the loaf, long-ways and about half way through the loaf, then pour gravy into crevice and over the rest of the loaf.
- -Bake for 10 minutes.
- -Unroll a tube of pillsbury crescent rolls and place over the loaf.
- -Bake until the rolls are golden brown, about 8 minutes.