For a lovely light appetizer whisk up a tempting mustard and dill sauce to complement traditional salmon gravadlax.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the mustard, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and egg yolk in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- 2Add the oil drop by drop to begin with; continue adding in a steady stream, until the sauce becomes thick and smooth, whisking constantly.
- 3Stir in the dill and season to taste.
- 4Cut the gravlax into thin slices, discarding the skin (gravlax is traditionally served thicker than smoked salmon).
- 5Place 3-4 slices on each serving plate and add a spoonful of the sauce on the side.
- 6Serve straight away with rye bread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gravlax With Mustard and Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar