Recipe by English_Rose
For a lovely light appetizer whisk up a tempting mustard and dill sauce to complement traditional salmon gravadlax.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 lb gravlax
- rye bread, to serve
- freshly ground salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mustard, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and egg yolk in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the oil drop by drop to begin with; continue adding in a steady stream, until the sauce becomes thick and smooth, whisking constantly.
- Stir in the dill and season to taste.
- Cut the gravlax into thin slices, discarding the skin (gravlax is traditionally served thicker than smoked salmon).
- Place 3-4 slices on each serving plate and add a spoonful of the sauce on the side.
- Serve straight away with rye bread.