For a lovely light appetizer whisk up a tempting mustard and dill sauce to complement traditional salmon gravadlax.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the mustard, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and egg yolk in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- 2Add the oil drop by drop to begin with; continue adding in a steady stream, until the sauce becomes thick and smooth, whisking constantly.
- 3Stir in the dill and season to taste.
- 4Cut the gravlax into thin slices, discarding the skin (gravlax is traditionally served thicker than smoked salmon).
- 5Place 3-4 slices on each serving plate and add a spoonful of the sauce on the side.
- 6Serve straight away with rye bread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gravlax With Mustard and Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar