Recipe by lazyme
I got this recipe years ago from an online BBQ group that I belonged to. Attributed to Bill Ackerman.
- 2 salmon fillets, 2-3 lbs. total, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cure all over both pieces of salmon and wrap them in heavy-duty aluminum with the flesh sides together, skin on the outside.
- Put on a large plate and then place a heavy weight on top.
- Put in refrigerator for 2 days, turning once or twice per day.
- Scrape off excess rub.
- Smoke at 200F for 45 minutes.
- Serve salmon cold with Mustard sauce.
- Mustard Sauce:.
- Slowly, one at a time in the order listed, blend ingredients in a food processor.