1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe years ago from an online BBQ group that I belonged to. Attributed to Bill Ackerman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 salmon fillets, 2-3 lbs. total, skin on
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper, coarsely ground
- 1Spread cure all over both pieces of salmon and wrap them in heavy-duty aluminum with the flesh sides together, skin on the outside.
- 2Put on a large plate and then place a heavy weight on top.
- 3Put in refrigerator for 2 days, turning once or twice per day.
- 4Scrape off excess rub.
- 5Smoke at 200F for 45 minutes.
- 6Serve salmon cold with Mustard sauce.
- 7Mustard Sauce:.
- 8Slowly, one at a time in the order listed, blend ingredients in a food processor.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gravlax (Smoked Salmon)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 2472.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g