Recipe by susie cooks
This salmon is delicious! Easy to prepare. Serve this plain with lemon wedges or with a Mustard Dill Sauce. Cooking time is the time to cure the salmon. This is from Mark Bittman.
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bunch dill, stems and all, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 -3 lbs salmon fillets, pin bones removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the ingredients except the salmon.
- Place the salmon skin side down on a large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Cover the flesh side of the fish with the salt mixture, coat it completely.
- Wrap the fish well in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hour, preferably 36.
- Unwrap the salmon and rinse off the cure. Dry then slice on the bias.