- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs fresh salmon
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fresh salmon in half lengthwise and remove bones.
- Place one-half in shallow dish. Sprinkle with dill.
- Combine salt, sugar and pepper. Sprinkle on fish evenly.
- Place other half on top, skin side up.
- Cover with foil, set a plate on top of foil and weight on top of the plate (food cans are good weights). Refrigerate 2 to 3 days.
- To Serve: Scrape dill and seasonings away.
- Slice salmon thinly on diagonal.
- Serve with crackers or rye bread