Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious canapé combining Swedish salmon, Pernod and creamy dill and crème fraîche.
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 3⁄8 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- salt and black pepper
- 4 pieces rye bread, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces gravlax, sliced (salmon)
- lemon rind
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon zest, chopped dill, creme fraiche and Pernod. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut the rye bread into 24-30 bite sized squares, about 1 1/2in square. Spoon a small amount of the crème fraîche mixture on top of each square of bread. Cut the gravlax salmon into small pieces and arrange a piece on top of the creme fraiche.
- Garnish with a small sprig of dill and a couple of strips of grated lemon rind.