Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic way to cure salmon, really easy and worth the slight effort.
Make and share this Gravlax recipe from Food.com.
- Lay a LARGE sheet of plastic wrap over the dish.
- Mix Rub ingredients in a small bowl-- if using fresh dill, chop it up and rub it on the fish first.
- Lay fish, skin side down, on the lined dish, evenly spread rub over fish, with more in the thicker areas of the fillet.
- Wrap plastic up and over the fish.
- Place second dish on top, place weight on top of second dish.
- Refrigerate for 48-72 hrs.
- Check every 12 hrs or so to see if dish needs to be drained.
- (some fish oil will seep out of the package).
- Remove fish from package, scrape off remaining rub, cut into very thin slices across the bias, stopping at the skin.
- Serve with bagels, horseradish cream dressing, capers, more dill, greens, vinagerette, honey mustard, bread rounds, etc.