168 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Combine salt, dill, orange zest, lime zest, pepper and vodka in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 3Place the salmon, skin side down, on plastic wrap and pack the salt mixture over the entire cut side. Press mixture in firmly.
- 4wrap salmon completely and tightly in the plastic wrap and place skin side up on a baking sheet. Place something heavy, like a large iron skillet, on top to press salmon and refrigerate 24 hours.
- 5Remove salmon from refrigerator and brush off salt. Rinse salmon thoroughly under cold water, removing all the cure. Place salmon on clean plastic wrap and sprinkle on the sugar, pressing it in fi rmly.
- 6Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 1 week before serving.
- 7NOTES : Gravlax will keep 2 weeks, well wrapped and refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gravlax
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 19067.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 60.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: