Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Have fun with your kids making this spooky Halloween treat.
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate wafers, finely crushed and divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- ice cube
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
- decorator sugar
- cake decorating gel
- 10 candy corn
- 3 pumpkin decorative candies
- MIX 1-1/2 cups of the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter in 13x9-inch pan. Press firmly onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl until well blended. Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust.
- STIR boiling water into gelatin in medium bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 1-1/2 cups. Add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Spoon slightly thickened gelatin over cream cheese layer.
- REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm.
- SPREAD remaining whipped topping over gelatin just before serving. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup wafer crumbs over whipped topping. Decorate sandwich cookies with icings to make "tombstones." Stand tombstones on top of dessert with candies to resemble a graveyard. Cut into 15 squares. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.