Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted at a request
- 3 lbs salmon, salt water
- 1⁄3 cup sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 20 white peppercorns, crushed
- 2 bunches fresh dill
- Remove bones from salmon, cut into 2 peices, wash and dry.
- Combine salt, sugar and peppercorns in small bowl.
- layer 1/3rd of the dill on the bottom of a shallow baking pan.
- lay one peice of salmon on the dill, sprinkle with salt/sugar mixture and another 3rd of the dill, cover with second peice of salmon, and cover with remaining dill.
- Cover with a board and refridgerate for 2 to 3 days.
- To serve, scrape off salt, sugar, peppercorns and dill. Slice salmon diagonally into 1/4 inch slices. Serve with dark bread and capers.