Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is wonderful for a luncheon or dinner party for 2 or for a decadent meal! Found on Emerils.com. Instead of toast points, use baked puff-pastry rounds or even English muffins.
- 2 cups bechamel sauce (by evelyn athens #62371)
- 2 ounces grated gruyere
- 1⁄2 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole butter, plus 3 tablespoons melted
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 4 -6 ounces thawed baby peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (by lennie #14372)
- 2 dozen toast points, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bechamel with the Gruyere and Parmesan; stir well to combine and set aside.
- Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of whole butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the shallots to the pan and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the crabmeat & the peas; season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the crabmeat in the saute pan and toss to evenly mix, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chives, parsley and tarragon to the crab and continue to toss to blend.
- Pour the sauce over the crabmeat and stir to combine.
- Transfer the crabmeat mixture to a 1-quart oval casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter and Essence and stir to blend.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the crabmeat and place the casserole in the oven until well browned and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped parsley and serve with toast points.