- 8 ounces gruyere cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 medium baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the gruyere with the shredding disk of your food processor.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes using the 2mm slicing disk of your food processor.
- Boil the sliced potatoes for 2 minutes to remove starch and crispness.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool so they can be handled.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a 9X11 casserole dish.
- Arrange the potatoes in layers.
- Between each layer put a little of the gruyere cheese and salt and pepper.
- Repeat until the dish is almost full.
- Top with the remaining gruyere and all the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the heavy cream over the entire surface.
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until the top is browned.