1/1 Photo of Gratin Potatoes Dauphinois
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from my food processor cookbook. Delicious and hearty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred the gruyere with the shredding disk of your food processor.
- 2Peel the potatoes.
- 3Slice the potatoes using the 2mm slicing disk of your food processor.
- 4Boil the sliced potatoes for 2 minutes to remove starch and crispness.
- 5Drain the potatoes and let cool so they can be handled.
- 6Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- 7Butter a 9X11 casserole dish.
- 8Arrange the potatoes in layers.
- 9Between each layer put a little of the gruyere cheese and salt and pepper.
- 10Repeat until the dish is almost full.
- 11Top with the remaining gruyere and all the cheddar cheese.
- 12Pour the heavy cream over the entire surface.
- 13Bake for 1.5 hours or until the top is browned.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gratin Potatoes Dauphinois
Serving Size: 1 (1800 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3673.7
- Calories from Fat 2300
- Total Fat 255.6 g
- Saturated Fat 156.6 g
- Cholesterol 888.1 mg
- Sodium 1727.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 231.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 123.6 g