Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from my food processor cookbook. Delicious and hearty.
Make and share this Gratin Potatoes Dauphinois recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 medium baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground pepper
- Shred the gruyere with the shredding disk of your food processor.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes using the 2mm slicing disk of your food processor.
- Boil the sliced potatoes for 2 minutes to remove starch and crispness.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool so they can be handled.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a 9X11 casserole dish.
- Arrange the potatoes in layers.
- Between each layer put a little of the gruyere cheese and salt and pepper.
- Repeat until the dish is almost full.
- Top with the remaining gruyere and all the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the heavy cream over the entire surface.
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until the top is browned.
Very good potato recipe. I may experiment next time and had some thinly sliced onion. Thanks for posting Yepadoos!
This is a wonderful dish! I made these for my lunch today with my parents. Along with ham. The other reviews were right on track! Delicious! Thank you for posting! Made for fall 2008 PAC
IMHO this is worth 10 stars !If this recipe was in movies it would not be the pushy star of the show, full of in-your-face-taste or flashy herbs or spices, rather, it would be romping home with the "Best Supporting" award by a country mile... the taste is mellow, rich, but light, understated, sophisticated and very very yummy. It was almost ridiculously simple to prepare, used basic ingredients to perfection and the only change I made was to use Gouda cheese in place of the sharp cheddar (since I had it to hand)Otherwise I followed the instructions to the letter and resisted the temptation to add garlic or other additions and was pleased I did... there's no need to mess with perfection! This recipe is perfect for the buffet table where it will be the perfect crowd pleaser for even the fussiest of your friends and family. My 4 y/o DD asked for and enjoyed it! (amost the first time I could wean her away from plain pasta no sauce... 99% of the time this kid turns her nose up at potato in any form, even french fries!) I have cheddar on the shopping list and *will* be making this again in a hurry... please see my rating system: this is well deserving of it's 5 stars. Many Thanks for sharing !