Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
GREAT side dish and easy to make. Everyone loves these potatoes. Try them you won't be sorry.
Make and share this Gratin Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub an 8x8 inch baking dish with the cut sides of the garlic halves (discard the halves).
- Coat the inside of the dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- In a large pot, combine the milk, cream, minced garlic, kosher salt, pepper, nutmeg and remaining butter.
- Peel 1 of the potatoes and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Add potato slices to the milk mixture (this will prevent discoloration) Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Bring the milk mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the prepared dish.
- Pour remaining liquid over potatoes until almost covered, discard any remaining liquid.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes, uncover and bake until tender, the liquid is thickly bubbling, and the top is brown and crusty, about 20-25 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10-12 minutes, then serve.