- 2 lbs large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 dash dried red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice tomatoes 3/4" thick and overlap in a single layer in a large gratin dish.
- Pour heavy cream over and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cream is boiling and tomatoes have softened.
- Mix together grated cheeses with garlic, basil and red pepper flakes.
- Turn oven to broil and sprinkle cheese mixture over tomatoes and broil until golden brown (about 2 minutes).