Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old favourite brought up to date. Simply add a tub of fresh cheese sauce to a tasty mix of smoked bacon, leeks and pasta.
- 6 ounces macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 8 slices bacon, smoked, chopped
- 12 ounces cheese sauce, bought
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 bunches cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain thoroughly and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan and fry the leek and bacon for 2-3 minutes, or until the leek is starting to soften. Stir in the cheese sauce, bring to a bubble, then add the pasta and stir together. Season with freshly ground black pepper and transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and place the tomatoes over the top. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the topping is golden and the tomatoes have softened. Serve with a mixed herb salad.
Wow, this was such an amazing pasta dish. I will admit to leaving out the tomatoes because the tomatoes in the store at this time of year weren't looking too appetizing. It was still absolutely delicious. I used Recipe #35730 to make a homemade cheese sauce. I will definitely be making this often. Thanks!
I loved this. I used a whole pound and adjusted the remaining ingredients, sort of. I used a four cheese alfredo sauce from a jar and didn't add the parmesan to the top. I also did not top with the tomato but used seasoned breadcrumbs which got nicely browned in the oven. The kids won't eat cooked tomatoes but LOVE breadcrumbs. It was a very nice addition. All in all, 5 solid stars. I will be making this again and may try some variations. I think it would be great with pancetta rather than bacon and some spinach may be a nice addition. Thanks for posting it.